Sunday, May 7, 2017

Singing in the Snow

Singing in the snow! This cute little Wrentit which lives hidden in chaparral most of the time appeared briefly for me singing at the top of his voice. I'm sure he wasn't the only bird surprised by the arrival of snow today.
We woke up today with 1-2 inches of snow covering the trees and plants. Hard to believe since this past week we had warm temperatures up to 80 degrees. 

 Although I am concerned that the blooming plants that I put in the ground last year are going to survive this late arrival of snow, I am grateful for another blast of snow that has covered our mountains. When the summer arrives, there will be very little rain and the concern over wildfires takes over. Welcome snow!
Keep warm, friends and PCT hikers!


Click on photos to enlarge.
Photos and content by Robin Roberts