Friday, January 29, 2021

Snow in the Mountains

 

Snow in the mountains? Let me tell you about the week of snowstorms outside my Oak tree!
Me and my mate have been having a tough time climbing our tree. It's never been any trouble in the past. What's with all this snow? We certainly have fine warm coats and tails but we are slipping and sliding a lot these days! I've been eyeing the two-legged creature who throws me peanuts when she shows up. I try to get to these yummy treats before the noisy critters that fly in the air but they usually beat me. I'm determined though to get faster. If only I could fly!
The squirrel is right! It has been an exceptional week of snow. In our own yard, I've measured over three feet of snow. We are on the sunny side of town so I'm sure there has been much more especially in "Snow Cove" aka Pine Cove.

With lots of snow and little driving, most of my views are from my own window.
Personally, I love to shovel. I must say that three feet of snow is too much for me! Thankfully, we found Oscar and his "bobcat" to clear our long, steep driveway! Cheers to Oscar!
Our neighbor, Joel and his dog Asher know how to enjoy the snow! Asher absolutely LOVES the snow. In fact, he drags Joel along so that he has to run to keep up with him. Joel had a grand idea to see if he would drag him on a sleigh....Maybe, next time will be a success! ha
The snow is magnificent! Although it makes life difficult for us, it is just what our land needs right now! I can't wait to see the mountains in the morning light. If you come to our snowy mountain, pack warm clothes, snacks, water and leave the mountains filled with beauty!

Click on photos to enlarge.
Photos and content by Robin Roberts.