Tuesday, February 13, 2018

No Elephants, Please!

San Elijo lagoon is a great place to go birding in San Diego.
Northern Pintail
Green-winged Teal
I was thrilled to "capture" a few of these beautiful ducks on my most recent trip!
Not everyone comes here for the birds though. Annie's slot canyon trail is just beyond the lagoon.


Unusual blooming flowers and trees line the paths leading up to the canyon.
It is quite an experience to hike through a canyon which progressively gets narrower.
I was happy not to be carrying the stuff I usually take hiking and birding. I definitely would have had troubles maneuvering if I was loaded down. This is NO place for your pet elephant to visit!!!!
Some of our local friends are hesitant about visiting places like this because of dangerous rocks that could fall. Be Careful!
My day ended with this heart shaped cactus. 
Happy Valentine's Day!

Click on photos to enlarge.
Photos and content by Robin Roberts.